t>

20091007

Louis Vuitton spring 2010

Google search "racoon tail" gives a good idea of certain details dangling from LV bags...

... just came "home" from LV and had a quick snack before finally starting to write down all the articles that I've prepared during the past few days ...
Huey, Dewey and Louie were also there, somehow...

... and wondering, after remembering a word from Blica., and seeing a Vogue editor leaving the Louvre tent, shaking his head, how much margin there is indeed for MEDIATIC INDEPENDENCE in print titles that heavily depend (and more than ever) on advertising budgets...
that's what the girls were wearing on their heads (in all kinds of colours)...

... for expressing what you think about a collection in the official media that you're working for, and how much of an ALTERNATIVE PLAYGROUND blogs are actually for a lot of people. Besides that, I was recently confronted with A REACTION DANGEROUSLY CLOSE TO INTIMIDATION which occurred "behind the scenes" and that touched on my work as a journalist ...
maybe Marc or someone from his design team had been to Athens recently?

... which brings me back to the initial point of WHERE ARE YOU ABLE TO SAY WHAT YOU WANNA SAY if not in your blog - unless your real life identity is known, which has its advantages and disadvantages, and isn't that really the point of writing a blog?
... and felt urged to combine clog chic with Greek pompons...

All of this notwithstanding, I found Marc's collection for LV (my camera decided to go to sleep there and then, but there'll be loads and loads of pictures around) a relatively entertaining one, with afro wigs balancing on the models' heads and foxtails dangling from LV bags transformed into and picking up the omnipresent rucksack theme...

2 commentaires:

fab_gab a dit…

Marc seems to have copied my styling :)
I gave all my NY models the same fro - bow look for a recent NY promotional event that I ran. Check out the pictures and similarities in my style blog at

http://fabgabblog.com/2010/03/marc-jacobs-copied-my-styling/

check it out and tell me what you think.

Daniel a dit…

striking similarities indeed. and nice styling of yours.

actually, I think that fashion is all about quotes and cross-referencing, don't you agree?

;)

Archives du blog