t>

20100701

MMM in LHR




... had a wonderfully packed, kind of crazy, exciting LONDON day today and realised again to what extent I adore this marvellous, cosmopolitan metropolis ...


... and between my second and my third appointment today squeezed in a visit of the Maison Martin Margiela '20' exhibition at Somerset House, where, before being told by a nice young lady that I was not allowed to "take photographs of any (?) kind", I took these images ...

an arrangement of MMM's "tabi" boots from various seasons - all in silver

... and I must say, the exhibition - as can be expected with this kind of monothematic show - is a true hommage to the work and philosophy and aesthetics of MMM, and actually, one realises just how deep and great the impact of the outstandingly intricate design work of this fashion house has been throughout the past 20 year.

a selection from 20 years of shoulder-shapes, complete with pads and hoods and other interesting details

I particularly loved the videos sporting the "personal wardrobe" of three individuals, but I entered that room when I was already aware of and obeying the "no photo" policy of the exhibition (taking into consideration MM's shying away from publicity, that's all too logical, in a way).

Martin Margiela on board or not, like countless other friends of fashion I believe that MMM contributed to shaping contemporary avantgarde fashion as we see it, in Paris, in London, and beyond that. So I'd say, if you pass through London this summer, do give it a try...

1 commentaire:

blica a dit…

auch im ausland im einsatz! merci bien pour les photos...