t>

20120115

FROM RUSSIA with love

communism and pedagogics:
WHO BUILT OUR HOUSE?...
that's who built our house, the house we live in

... now I DO have to be honest with myself and ADMIT that my knowledge of the MAGNIFICENTLY BEAUTIFUL Russian tongue will not allow me to absorb texts whose degree of difficulty goes beyond that of a regular children's book (and even then...)? I mean, of course, for the time being - things have been improving, and after all I do have SOME OTHER language babies to look after (I wouldn't want to open Castilho's Portuguese translations of Molière that were the topic of my first book and not be able to understand a word, would I?). Anyhow - so what a great flea market find are these Russian children's books, I just adore them. And I would of course have bought them even if, as we say in German, Russian were to me a Spanish village - meaning the proverbial "all Greek" incomprehensibility ...

even in the midst of THE BLUEST OF SEAS, all of a sudden
a "shtorm" may come up ...

... malheureusement, et même après des années et des années d'études, l'état de mon russe est encore plutôt pitoyable. Mais bon, ça avance, ça avance, à pas de nain plutôt que de géant, et c'est sûr que 2012 n'est pas l'année où j'entamerai mon premier Dostoïevski en langue originale. Pour ce qui est d'un livre pour enfants, par contre, je pense que le moment est venu ... je suis donc d'autant plus content d'avoir déniché, sur un marché aux puces à Vienne, ces quelques exemplaires - et je les aurais achetés quand bien même je n'aurais pas la moindre idée du russe, tellement ils sont beaux - ne trouvez-vous pas? ...

Aucun commentaire: